work station is used for dispensing mother liquor solutions in the crystallization well reservoir (100-150µl) and setting up high volume crystallization trials (0.5µl to 2µl).
is used to set up low volume crystallization drops in plates prefilled by the Tecan robot. Routinely, volumes of 100 nl are used for both the protein and the precipitant.
robot from TTP LabTech’s for nanolitre pipetting, making use of disposable positive displacement pipettes for the elimination of cross contamination. The robot automates protein crystallography set-ups (hanging drop, sitting drop and microbatch techniques) and additive screening. This provides an ideal set up for our systematic proteolytic cleavage during crystallogenesis strategy (Collinet et al., 2011).
RockImager 182 and 1000 (Formulatrix)
After preparation of the crystallization trays, these are stored in a crystallization cabinet equipped with a robotized visualization system (Rockimager 182, Formulatrix) that at regular intervals takes pictures of the crystallization drops and stores them on computer for inspection.
- Screening and optimization of crystallization conditions, self-service
• Customer: training in the use of robots and validation of autonomy.
• Tips on choosing kits and optimization strategies.
• Achievement of crystallization experiments by the user.
• Identification of crystallization plates with bar code (confidentiality).
• Storage of plates for a year (contact us for a longer duration).
• Remote viewing crystals via a user account.
• Optional: Preparing optimization plates 96 wells.
- Crystallization and structural analysis in collaboration
Directed by personnel platform and / or laboratory staff, who co-authored publications resulting from this work.
• Qualification of the sample (DLS, CD, SDS-PAGE gel …)
• Screening of crystallization conditions
• Optimization of crystals
• Freezing crystals
• Data diffraction X-ray synchrotron.
• Treatment of diffraction data
• Resolution of the 3D structure.
Please acknowledge the crystallization platform of I2BC in your posters, presentations and articles by using the following sentence:
This work benefited from the crystallization platform of I2BC, supported by the French Infrastructure for Integrated Structural Biology (FRISBI) [ANR-10-INSB-05-05]
In case of co-authorship of platform members, please indicate this address
Université Paris-Saclay, CEA, CNRS, Institute for Integrative Biology of the Cell (I2BC), 91198, Gif-sur-Yvette, France
PF in Bât 430, Orsay
Herman VAN TILBEURGH
PF in Bât 34, Gif
Inès LI DE LA SIERRA-GALLAY